Ordinary private visa is issued to the citizens of Norway, citizens of other countries and persons without citizenship for an entry to the Russian Federation for guest visit based on:
- Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation invitation, based on a request from a citizen of the Russian Federation, a foreign citizen with the Russian Federation residence permit or a legal entity.
- A written application of a Russian citizen to the Head of the Consulate for a joint entry into the Russian Federation with family members who are foreign citizens.
- A notarized written request of a citizen of the European Union who is legally residing in Russian Federation and is inviting close relatives.
Ordinary private visa may also be issued in connection with a necessity of entry into the Russian Federation for urgent treatment or due to a serious illness or death of a close relative if one has the documents confirming the necessity of urgent treatment, serious illness or death of a close relative.
Private visa is issued for a period up to 90 days and may be single- or double-entry.
For persons visiting military or civilian burial sites, it is necessary to submit the following documents (* According to the Agreement between the Russian Federation and the European Community on facilitation of the issuance of visas to the citizens of the Russian Federation and EU):
- Original or a stamped and signed copy of a document confirming the existence of the burial site. The document must be issued by a Russian government agency or the organization “Red Cross”;
- Original or a copy of a document confirming the kinship (lineal consanguinity*) of an applicant and the buried. *Relatives with lineal consanguinity are parents, children, grandchildren, spouses, grandparents;
For persons visiting military and civilian burial sites usually short-term private visas are issued valid for up to 14 days.
An ordinary private visa may be issued to a foreign citizen in a connection with a necessity of entry into the Russian federation for urgent treatment, due to a serious illness or death of a close relative, based on a decision of the Ambassador of the Russian Federation or Consul-General of the Russian Federation due to a written request of a foreign citizen.
The following documents are to be included to a request:
- a written confirmation from a Russian medical institution issued on an official letterhead (stamped) indicating the necessity of emergency medical care, emergent hospitalization, emergent examination or a serious illness of a person who is being visited requiring constant care.
- or death certificate of a citizen – applicant’s close relative. Close relatives are taken to be spouses, children, parents, including parents-in-law, if a spouse is an accompanying person, siblings);
- or an international telegraph message indicating death of a citizen certified by an official from an institution of communication;
- a document confirming immediate relationship of an applicant and a person to be visited or immediate relationship of an applicant and the deceased.
In order to apply for a common single- or double-entry private visa the following must submitted:
The invitation for an entry into the Russian Federation:
The invitation for an entry into the Russian Federation issued by the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation
A written application of a Russian citizen to the Head of the Consulate for a joint entry into the Russian Federation with family members who are foreign citizen;
- Application for submission of documents in the Russian Visa Center in Oslo
- Application for submission of documents in the Russian Visa Center in Kirkenes
- Сopy of the Russian internal passport;
- Copy of the Russian international passport;
- Documents confirming the relation degree with the applicant (copies of birth certificate of an underage child or marriage certificate)
- Copy of permanent residence on the territory of Norway, norwegian passport or registreringsbevis from the Police.
A notarized written request of a citizen of the European Union who is legally residing in the Russian Federation and is inviting close relatives* – spouses, children, parents, grandparents, grandchildren. The
lawful residence must be proven by providing a copy of the documents clarifying the status, such as resident permit, temporary residence permit, student or work visa enclosed to the request.
*The relation degree must be confirmed by providing the appropriate certificates of the Office of civil registration or equivalent documents issued in foreign countries. In case of the grandparents or grandchildren requests, two copies of appropriate certificates of the Office of civil registration or equivalent documents issued in foreign countries that confirm the lineal consanguinity of the persons in question must be provided.
Important! Norwegian-language documents confirming the relation degree of the applicant must contain a seal “Apostille” on the back side.
- The invitation for an entry into the Russian Federation issued by the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation ;
- Passport with no less than 2 empty pages for visas, valid for 6 months from the visa expiry date;
- Visa application form filled in on the website visa.kdmid.ru, printed and signed personally by the applicant. The Russian Visa center can complete a visa application on your behalf.
- Colour photograph 3.5 x 4.5 cm with a light background and with a clear frontal view of the full face without tinted glasses or a headwear (except for the persons who in accordance with their nationality or religious beliefs are depicted with a headwear on their passport photography). At the Russian visa center you may ask for the additional service " Express Photo";
- Medical insurance policy valid on the territory of Russian Federation and during the validity of the visa, except for the mutual insurance cases.
If you are not a citizen of Norway, it is also necessary to submit a copy of permanent residence on the territory of Norway or registreringsbevis from the Police.
Dere kan lese nærmere om innlevering av dokumenter via posten i avsnitt Postal service.
Important! In case of possessing two or more passports, before submitting the documents to a Russian Visa Office, please, make sure there are no valid visas in other documents.
Please note! Consulate institution reserves a right to request additional documents for visa application, invite for an interview or extend the duration of a visa processing.
For citizens of Norway and the European Union
All fees may be paid in a Visa Center. Please note we accept only payment with credit or debit card. Cash payment is not accepted.
|Consideration period*||Consular fee||
(incl. VAT) (inclusiv TVA)
|Single-, double-entry visa|
|4-10 business days||366 NOK||300 NOK|
|1-3 business days||731 NOK||300 NOK|
*Visa processing times are set by the Russian Consulate and vary depending on the type of invitation. In certain cases, visa processing times may be altered at the discretion of the Consulate.
If you are a person without citizenship or you are not a Norway or the European Union citizen, please specify the cost of your visa by calling an operator of a call-center.
Visa processing fees and time schedules for the citizens of other countries and persons without citizenship are calculated according to “Consular fees of the consular institutions of the Russian Federation”
Transfer or restoration of a visa regardless of citizenship
|310 NOK||300 NOK|
Before submitting the documents for a transfer or a restoration of a visa, please consult a call-centre operator regarding the procedure, documents list and the period of a consideration.
To fill in an application form go to the website visa.kdmid.ru
Service for completing the electronic visa application form
Russian Visa Application Center offers additional service for completing the electronic visa application form when submitting documents to the Visa Center, or correction on behalf of the applicant (authorized representative) of the mistakes made on the application form.
Visa application form is filled on the basis of documents and information submitted by the applicant, and is signed by the applicant personally.
Visa application correction fee is charged in addition to the service fee, and is 120 NOK for each filled in page of the application form. Please ask the Operator of the Russian Visa Application Center about this service, when you apply for a visa.
We would like to inform you that at the Russian visa application centers you can use the following additional (paid) services:
- To fill in an application form;
- To copy or print documents;
- To make express photos;
- To process documents sent by mail;
- To deliver documents on the same day;
- To deliver fully prepared documents by courier;
- SMS informing.
- Acquiring of the above mentioned services does not affect the procedure for consideration of visa application and does not guarantee issuing of visa;
- The cost for provision of services is charged in addition to the service fee;
- All the above mentioned services are provided only at your request;
- Please, read about all the terms of providing these services before you start the procedure.