Ordinary single-entry transit visa is issued to the citizens of Norway, citizens of other countries and persons without citizenship for an entry to the Russian Federation with a purpose of travelling in transit through the Russian Federation territory for a period up to 10 days (by road or railway) or for period up to 3 days (by air) based on tickets valid for exit from the Russian Federation, a visa allowing an entry to a neighbouring country according to the itinerary, a visa of a destination country or a passport of this country.
A transit visa is issued to a foreign citizen travelling thorough the territory of the Russian Federation by a private vehicle or by a truck for a period necessary for a travel by a shortest route (but for no more than 10 days). The visa duration is calculated in this case based on an average supposed daily mileage, which is 500 km.
Double-entry transit visa duration may not exceed one month. In case when a foreign citizen needs to travel through the Russian Federation to a third country and then return by the same way through the Russian Federation in a period exceeding one month, it is necessary to obtain a single-entry transit visa. The second transit visa must be obtained in a Russian Consulate of a destination country.
A transit visa is not needed:
- in case of a non-stop air transport flight over the Russian Federation territory;
- in case of a change of planes in an airport of the Russian Federation with a transit area, providing a subsequent flight to a destination country within 24 hours from the arrival date to the Russian Federation is executed.
IMPORTANT! If you are planning to leave the transit area, a transit visa must be obtained!
After the Eurasian Economic Union Treaty came into force, all trips between the member-countries are considered to be domestic. Therefore, one must go through the border and the passport control only in one of these countries. Due to this reason, the passengers heading to the member countries with a transfer in Russia must obtain a transit visa.
In order to apply for a common single- or double-entry transit visa the following must be submitted:
- The tickets valid for an entry and an exit from the Russian Federation.
- A visa allowing entry to a neighboring country according to the itinerary, a visa to a destination country, a passport of this country or motivated request and the documents, confirming the necessity of a stop, except if otherwise provided in an international agreement. A visa is not required for the citizens of countries with a visa-free entry to a neighboring country or a destination country in compliance with the existing agreements between them.
- Passport with no less than 2 empty pages for visas, valid for 6 months from the visa expiry date;
- Colour photography 3.5 x 4.5 cm with a light background and with a clear frontal view of the full face without tinted glasses or a headwear (except for the persons who in accordance with their nationality or religious beliefs are depicted with a headwear on their passport photography). At the Russian visa center you may ask for the additional service "Express Photo";
- Medical insurance policy valid on the territory of Russian Federation and during the validity of the visa, except for the mutual insurance cases.
- If you are not a citizen of Norway, it is also necessary to submit a copy of permanent residence on the territory of Norway or registreringsbevis from the Police.
For more information on the submission of the documents by post see section Postal service.
Important! In case of possessing two or more passports, before submitting the documents to a Russian Visa Office, please, make sure there are no valid visas in other documents.
Please note! Consulate institution reserves a right to request additional documents for visa application, invite for an interview or extend the duration of a visa processing.
For citizens of Norway and the European Union
All fees may be paid in a Visa Center. Please note we accept only payment with credit or debit card. Cash payment is not accepted.
|Consideration period||Consular fee||Service fee
(incl. VAT) (inclusiv TVA)
|Single-, double-entry visa*|
|4-10 business days||403 NOK||300 NOK|
|1-3 business days**||805 NOK||300 NOK|
*The period of processing of documents from the date of delivery to the consular office are set by the Russian Consulate and may vary. In certain cases, visa processing times may be altered at the discretion of the Consulate.
** 1-4 business days in Visa center in Kirkenes.
If you are a person without citizenship or you are not a Norway or the European Union citizen, please specify the cost of your visa by calling an operator of a call-center.
Visa processing fees and time schedules for the citizens of other countries and persons without citizenship are calculated according to “Consular fees of the consular institutions of the Russian Federation”
To fill in an application form go to the website visa.kdmid.ru
Service for completing the electronic visa application form
Russian Visa Application Center offers additional service for completing the electronic visa application form when submitting documents to the Visa Center, or correction on behalf of the applicant (authorized representative) of the mistakes made on the application form.
Visa application form is filled on the basis of documents and information submitted by the applicant, and is signed by the applicant personally.
Visa application correction fee is charged in addition to the service fee, and is 120 NOK for each filled in page of the application form. Please ask the Operator of the Russian Visa Application Center about this service, when you apply for a visa.
We would like to inform you that at the Russian visa application centers you can use the following additional (paid) services:
- To fill in an application form;
- To copy or print documents;
- To make express photos;
- To process documents sent by mail;
- To deliver documents on the same day;
- To deliver fully prepared documents by courier;
- SMS informing.
- Acquiring of the above mentioned services does not affect the procedure for consideration of visa application and does not guarantee issuing of visa;
- The cost for provision of services is charged in addition to the service fee;
- All the above mentioned services are provided only at your request;
- Please, read about all the terms of providing these services before you start the procedure.