Ordinary work visa is issued to citizens of Norway, other countries and persons without citizenship for an entry into the Russian Federation for work purposes based on an invitation issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation (Russian MIA) with a possibility of a further prolongation by the Russian MIA Department on the territory of the Russian Federation.
The basis for a prolongation may be an employment agreement or a civil contract, either work or service, concluded according to the Russian Federation legislation.
Work visa may only be single-entry for a period up to 90 days (except the visas for highly qualified specialists).
For the application for a common single- or multiple-entry work visa the following must be submitted:
- The invitation for an entry into the Russian Federation issued by the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Russian Federation;
- Passport with no less than 2 empty pages for visas, valid for 1.5 years from the visa validity start date;
- Colour photography 3.5 x 4.5 cm with a light background and with a clear frontal view of the full face without tinted glasses or a headwear (except for the persons who in accordance with their nationality or religious beliefs are depicted with a headwear on their passport photography). At the Russian visa center you may ask for the additional service "Express Photo";
- Medical insurance policy valid on the territory of Russian Federation and during the validity of the visa, except for the mutual insurance cases.
- A certificate of a negative HIV test of a foreign citizen in case of applying for a visa authorizing a stay longer than 3 months.
- If you are not a citizen of Norway, it is also necessary to submit permanent residence permit for foreign citizens or copy of registreringsbevis from the Police.
For more information on the submission of the documents by post see section Postal service.
Important! In case of possessing two or more passports, before submitting the documents to a Russian Visa Center, please, make sure there are no valid visas in other documents.
Please note! Consulate institution reserves a right to request additional documents for visa application, invite for an interview or extend the duration of a visa processing.
For citizens of Norway
All fees may be paid in a Visa Center. Please note we accept only payment with credit or debit card. Cash payment is not accepted.
|Consideration period||Consular fee||Service fee(incl. VAT) (inclusive TVA)|
|4-10 business days||880 NOK||300 NOK|
|1-3 business days||1440 NOK||300 NOK|
|4-10 business days||2000 NOK||300 NOK|
|1-3 business days||3360 NOK||300 NOK|
Please note! If you are a person without citizenship or you are not a Norway citizen, please specify the cost of your visa by calling an operator of a call-center.
Transfer or restoration of a visa regardless of citizenship
|640 NOK||300 NOK|
Before submitting the documents for a transfer or a restoration of a visa, please consult a call-centre operator regarding the procedure, documents list and the period of a consideration.
To fill in an application form go to the website visa.kdmid.ru
Service for completing the electronic visa application form
Russian Visa Application Center offers additional service for completing the electronic visa application form when submitting documents to the Visa Center, or correction on behalf of the applicant (authorized representative) of the mistakes made on the application form.
Visa application form is filled on the basis of documents and information submitted by the applicant, and is signed by the applicant personally.
Visa application correction fee is charged in addition to the service fee, and is 120 NOK for each filled in page of the application form. Please ask the Operator of the Russian Visa Application Center about this service, when you apply for a visa.
We would like to inform you that at the Russian visa application centers you can use the following additional (paid) services:
- To fill in an application form;
- To copy or print documents;
- To make express photos;
- To process documents sent by mail;
- To deliver documents on the same day;
- To deliver fully prepared documents by courier;
- SMS informing.
- Acquiring of the above mentioned services does not affect the procedure for consideration of visa application and does not guarantee issuing of visa;
- The cost for provision of services is charged in addition to the service fee;
- All the above mentioned services are provided only at your request;
- Please, read about all the terms of providing these services before you start the procedure.