Ordinary tourist visa is issued to Norway citizens, citizens of other countries and persons without citizenship for a short-term stay in the country with a touristic purpose (visiting cultural events, excursions, familiarization with the sights), based on a tourist acceptance confirmation by a Russian touristic organization.
The maximum period of stay in the Russian Federation with a tourist visa is up to 30 days.
An entry for short-term business negotiations, participation in exhibitions, auctions, as well as for medical consults and tests is also permitted. In this case “target tourism” should be put in a field “purpose of travel” of the confirmation of acceptance of a foreign citizen, and a visa is issued for a number of days necessary for the planned events according to a time schedule indicated in a confirmation of residence (but no more than 30 days).
A single- or double-entry tourist visa to the Russian Federation may be issued.
A double-entry tourist visa is issued to a foreign citizen only if, according to the documents, during the stay in the Russian Federation a visit to neighbouring countries (near-abroad countries (CIS, Baltic countries)) or countries from which the return is to be made through the territory of the Russian Federation (for example China, Mongolia) is planned. In addition, a route must be included in the documents for a package tour (or in a foreign citizen confirmation of acceptance issued by a host Russian organization).
In order to apply for a common single- or double-entry tourist visa the following must submitted:
- Invitation – tourist voucher from a hotel or tourist agency (visa support)
- Passport with no less than 2 empty pages for visas, valid for 6 months from the visa expiry date;
- Visa application form filled in on the website visa.kdmid.ru, printed and signed personally by the applicant;
The Russian Visa center can complete a visa application on your behalf.
- Colour photograph 3.5 x 4.5 cm with a light background and with a clear frontal view of the full face without tinted glasses or a head-wear (except for the persons who in accordance with their nationality or religious beliefs are depicted with a head-wear on their passport photography). At the Russian visa center you may ask for the additional service "Express Photo";
- Medical insurance policy valid on the territory of Russian Federation and during the validity of the visa, except for the mutual insurance cases.
If you are not a citizen of Norway, it is also necessary to submit a copy of permanent residence on the territory of Norway or registreringsbevis from the Police.
For more information on the submission of the documents by post see section Postal service.
Important! In case of possessing two or more passports, before submitting the documents to a Russian Visa Office, please, make sure there are no valid visas in other documents.
Please note! Consulate institution reserves a right to request additional documents for visa application, invite for an interview or extend the duration of a visa processing.
For citizens of Norway and the European Union
All fees may be paid in a Visa Center. Please note we accept only payment with credit or debit card. Cash payment is not accepted.
|Consideration period*||Consular fee||Service fee
|Single-, double-entry visa|
|4-10 business days||403 NOK||300 NOK|
|1-3 business days**||805 NOK||300 NOK|
*The period of processing of documents from the date of delivery to the consular office are set by the Russian Consulate and vary depending on the type of invitation. In certain cases, visa processing times may be altered at the discretion of the Consulate.
** 1-4 business days in Visa center in Kirkenes.
If you are a person without citizenship or you are not a Norway or the European Union citizen, please specify the cost of your visa by calling an operator of a call-center.
Visa processing fees and time schedules for the citizens of other countries and persons without citizenship are calculated according to “Consular fees of the consular institutions of the Russian Federation”
To fill in an application form go to the website visa.kdmid.ru
Service for completing the electronic visa application form
Russian Visa Application Center offers additional service for completing the electronic visa application form when submitting documents to the Visa Center, or correction on behalf of the applicant (authorized representative) of the mistakes made on the application form.
Visa application form is filled on the basis of documents and information submitted by the applicant, and is signed by the applicant personally.
Visa application correction fee is charged in addition to the service fee, and is 120 NOK for each filled in page of the application form. Please ask the Operator of the Russian Visa Application Center about this service, when you apply for a visa.
We would like to inform you that at the Russian visa application centers you can use the following additional (paid) services:
- To fill in an application form;
- To copy or print documents;
- To make express photos;
- To process documents sent by mail;
- To deliver documents on the same day;
- To deliver fully prepared documents by courier;
- SMS informing.
- Acquiring of the above mentioned services does not affect the procedure for consideration of visa application and does not guarantee issuing of visa;
- The cost for provision of services is charged in addition to the service fee;
- All the above mentioned services are provided only at your request;
- Please, read about all the terms of providing these services before you start the procedure.